The First Lutheran Foundation is a vital component of the ministry of First Lutheran Church. It was established as a separate incorporated extension of the church to accept gifts to be held in an endowment fund. The contribution principal is invested in perpetuity. A gift to the Foundation is a gift that keeps on giving.
The purpose of the Foundation's funds is to make disbursements to expand the witness and mission of First Lutheran Church, and to support special missions of the Christian Church in the community, region and world. The Foundation Board, in response to formal, written grant requests, determines annual disbursements from the endowment fund.
Ways of Contributing to the Foundation
- To honor or memorialize someone through a gift of cash
- Through gifts of real estate or personal property
- Through investments, such as stocks or mutual funds
- By naming the Foundation as the owner or beneficiary of an insurance policy
- By including the Foundation in your will or living trust
- Through estate planning, utilizing a charitable gift annuity or a charitable trust
- By leaving retirement plan assets (IRAs, 401k's, etc) or annuities to the Foundation through beneficiary designation.
If you'd like to make a request for funding, please click on the documents to the left and submit to:
First Lutheran Church Foundation
Fargo, ND 58102
Chair - Jon Aarsvold, Secretary/Treas - Mary Carlson
Larry Audette, Mark Hanson, Jane Olson, Nancy Ruud, Loren Stahl, John Vastag
Corey Bjertness - Senior Pastor
Gary Hanson - Financial Manager
John Holmen - Giving Consultant